Have you ever thought about the fact that your shower is like your oasis?
Yes, it is!
It refreshes you after a long day of work. It gives you a soothing wake-up call in the morning. And most significantly, when taking a shower, we all pretend to be rock stars and belt out the latest tunes.
However, there is nothing exciting about a flimsy, thin shower curtain which kills the vibe of your shower being an oasis. They can be challenging to clean and may even get in the way.
Luckily, there is a way out of this conundrum.
Yes, the glass shower doors.
You can enjoy various benefits of Fab Glass shower doors once you decide to get rid of flimsy shower curtains and install a transparent door.
- Where shower curtains may cause drafts, shower doors prevent cool breezes from entering your bathroom.
- A glass door gives your bathroom an illusion, making it appear larger.
- It increases the aesthetics of your small bathroom and allows natural light to travel in.
Let us learn the various types and benefits of shower doors.
Frameless Shower Doors
Frameless shower doors are made up of tempered glass. The panes used are thick as there is nothing else supporting the frame. Clips and door pull fixed to the glass and the corners sealed with thick silicone.
What are the benefits of frameless shower doors?
Besides the fact that they bring in sunlight during your morning showers, there are countless benefits of frameless shower doors.
- They are more contemporary looking as compared to framed glass shower doors.
- You can customize frameless doors to fulfill your expectations. These modifications can be made with the help of three-wall enclosures or knee walls.
- Can be easily secured with hinges and clips.
- Frameless shower doors are more cost-effective than framed ones.
- As they are made of thicker glass panels, you will find them to be sturdy and difficult to break.
- You will no longer have to be worried about water flooding the room. Edges are caulked with silicone or rubber gaskets are installed to keep the water from leaving your bathroom.
- Because they do not collect water, frameless glass doors will not cause you any mildew or mold problems.
- They are durable and have a lifespan of 20 to 30 years.
What are the uses of swinging glass doors?
There are various types of glass doors that you could install in your bathroom. A pivot or swinging shower door is attached to only one side of the door frame. It will allow you to open the door outwards. Therefore, it is essential for such a door to have enough space to be easily opened and closed. This style is not likely to work if your bathroom is cramped or small.
Each comes with its own set of pros and cons. The benefits of swinging glass shower doors are mentioned below.
- The best part about a pivot shower is that it does not require much effort or hardware.
- You can buy the hinges in several accent colors or metallic finishes that complement your bathroom.
- ● A swinging glass door made of tempered glass will provide you with an unobstructed and clear view of your shower area.
- Doors of such kind will be glamorous and aesthetically pleasing to your eye.
- You will not have to scrub every inch to get these doors clean. Because they have no space to gather moisture of any kind, they will be safe from mildew and mold problems.
- If you have either an alcove shower or a shower enclosure, then you can find framed glass swinging doors with various modifications.
Benefits of Frameless sliding shower doors
Such doors are also a solution to traditional shower curtains. The following benefits of sliding glass shower doors will provide you with the facts before you decide on a type.
- Among the many benefits sliding shower doors, perhaps the main one is their ability to utilize the given space efficiently. These doors provide more room for you to move.
- If you want to break away from the traditional shower styles, then a frameless sliding shower doors is the way to go. They go perfectly with circular showers, giving the bathroom a modern look.
- Once the shower is on, the doors begin to trap water. This creates humidity inside the shower area, thus, maintaining the temperature for you.
The pros of glass shower doors and tub enclosures
The function of a tub enclosure is to protect your bathtub. It is essential for it to be made of the appropriate materials so that you can take a bath comfortably. Should you make the decision of using this very material, given below are multiple benefits of glass shower doors and tub enclosures?
- Using glass to make your shower door or tub enclosure will mean less energy and time required to maintain it. They rarely ever collect mold and mildew; thus, they are durable. You are advised to place a layer of protective coating on the glass enclosure during the installation process. This will lead to a reduction in the soap and water spots on it. Since they are durable, they do not require repairs often.
- A glass shower door can make your bathroom look spacious and big. You will not need to use a partition to create this illusion either for yourself or someone else. Furthermore, it will ensure better airflow than the traditional shower curtain or a shower stall with a metallic frame.
- Glass bathtub enclosures are customizable. You can easily find several glass enclosures designs that go with the style of your bathroom.
- The outdated shower curtains are known for dripping water. This creates a hazard as you could slip and fall and break a bone. However, glass shower doors will prevent such accidents from occurring. You will also not have to clean up much water taking a bath. It is better to install heat-soaked glass in your bathroom, which is quite sturdy and impact resistant as well.
- Are you looking to sell your house? If you are, swapping an old shower door with a glass one will help add value to your property. Even in the case that you are not selling, adding a glass enclosure will enhance the beauty of your bathroom.
Reasons why you should install bi-fold shower doors
Where each type of shower door is accompanied by its advantages and disadvantages, there are certain benefits of bi-fold shower doors.
- If you have a small bathroom, then bi-fold shower doors will ensure that space is utilized efficiently. They do not hinder or obstruct your movement.
- As you are provided with maximum space to shower, bi-fold doors create a pleasant and comfortable environment. Since space is no issue, elderly or disabled people especially can take a relaxing shower.
- Besides being practical, bi-fold showers are also economical. They are available in several designs at reasonable prices.
- There is no shortage of bi-fold shower doors. They come in various colors, styles, and materials. The available colors include white, silver and chrome. Glass bi-fold doors also give numerous options inclusive of tinted, frosted or transparent glass. The multitude of choices will help you enhance the ambiance of your bathroom.
- Moreover, bi-fold shower doors give the bathroom an aesthetic and elegant look, allowing the sunlight to pass through. They can be cut down to any size you desire.
- One essential feature of a bi-fold door is that it opens on the inside of the shower. This ensures that no water drips outside and less water collects on the floor. This means that you will not have to put in much effort in mopping up the floors after your shower.
Are you looking to remodel your old bathroom? Installing glass shower doors either swinging, sliding, bi-fold enclosures whether framed or frameless can prove to be interesting. With the right design that suits your bathroom, you can give it a new and sleek look. So, wait no more! Find the perfect, aesthetically pleasing glass enclosure for your bathroom.